Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Touch Up Tuesday

First Touch Up Tuesday post! :) I'm extra excited about this one, due to my love of editing :) Programs I generally use are Digital Photo Professional, Gimp, Picasa, Picnik... anything free I can get my hands on, really :) Any suggestions of more free photo editing programs are WELCOME!












*****

Original photo. ISO 200 | F1.8 | ss 1/1600
Not TOO bad. I suppose. It needs a lot more light because I set my ISO too low.


So I took the RAW file and opened it in Digital Photo Professional. First I brightened it up quite a bit, and adjusted the curves.


Now for the pop... I added contrast, saturation, and sharpening in the RAW editing area, then added even more contrast in the regular editing area.


Final photo. I opened the picture in Gimp and sharpened just the eyes, and brightened it up a little more. If I had photoshop I'd love to soften the skin a little and.. idk, it needs a little more pizzaz. Oh well this is the best I can do :)

5 comments:

  1. I think your edit is GREAT! As far as free editing programs, I love PICASA and PHOTOSCAPE. You can do some amazing stuff with them! Glad I stopped by your blog and btw, I am your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her skin tone looks truly gorgeous on your edit. I love the contrast and colors too! I haven't fiddled around with too man free editing programs other than Picnik, but wow do you do a great job with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with it! Her eyes pop!

    I agree with Courtney - I *love* Photoscape! You should totally check it out. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley~ thanks so much for joining in! :-) I love everything about this edit! Just fantastic. I love how you brightened her skin, and her eyes are gorgeous. What a little sweetie. Hope to see you again! Happy Tuesday! :-)

    ReplyDelete